Omron Cx Programmer question

tadams73

When I pull up some of by backup files using Cx Programmer 6.1 and try to go online I get a pop up saying "Modem Port Has Been Selected.Do You Wish To Continue".I can go to some previous backups and it works fine.Its been doing this more here lately.These backup are from as far back as 2005 and as new as last week.Im stumped.Thanks.

You didn't mentioned how are you connecting, anyway

In Offline mode -> PLC Properties -> Network Type -> Settings - under the modem tab select none [just a guess only, explore on this]

Its using a comm port assigned to the modem this is normal problem in that when the software gets written the first time it will set the port to whichever was used to transfer the program to the PLC originally. if you go to the project tree on the left. right click the processor symbol you should see change as an option. change your comm port assignment. Doube check which port your USB is currently using if your using a USB converter