PLC-5/30A supports Ethernet/IP ?

Can you provide the basis of your answer? I mean is there any standard pdf file/document that states the reason for not supporting 30A because according to my observation it supports.

Thanks in advance!

What documentation are you using to base YOUR answer on? Since you've researched your question and already come to an answer why did you ask?

According to this webpage, the 20E, 40E and 80E are the only PLC5's that natively support ethernet.

The 30 has 2 DH+/RIO and standard RS-232.

However, you can install a 1785-ENET in the rack to provide ethernet comm to a PLC5.

But to answer your question, the PLC5/30 does NOT have built-in support for ethernet com.

What documentation are you using to base YOUR answer on? Since you've researched your question and already come to an answer why did you ask?

According to this webpage, the 20E, 40E and 80E are the only PLC5's that natively support ethernet.

The 30 has 2 DH+/RIO and standard RS-232.

However, you can install a 1785-ENET in the rack to provide ethernet comm to a PLC5.

But to answer your question, the PLC5/30 does NOT have built-in support for ethernet com.

I agree with all the above. The ethernet sidecar is the only way you can achieve ethernet comms is a PLC5-30A. Also the sidecar does not support the Ethernet/IP protocol. Only the logix5000 family of controllers has native support for Ethernet/IP.

Ozee,

Does it mean that on installing 1785-ENET, PLC5/30A would support ethernet communication? Also, could you please confirm the same for PLC-5/40B and its revision?

Thanks a lot!

The "A" might be a Series letter, but it's not part of the product name.

A PLC-5/30 or a PLC-5/40 controller can be equipped with a 1785-ENET "sidecar" which allows it to send and receive messages using the classic "CSPv4" protocol as well as using the EtherNet/IP transport protocol.

The PLC-5 controller must have firmware that supports the 1785-ENET module. Ideally, both controller and sidecar will have the current firmware for the most functionality and reliability. Look this information up on the Rockwell Automation website.

The implementation of "EtherNet/IP" protocol in the PLC-5 is ONLY for the transmission and reception of PLC-5 communication commands.

No PLC-5 controller can perform I/O or Produced/Consumed functions on EtherNet/IP.

Thanks for the answer!

But there is still one confusion looming over the 'Revision' whether PLC5/30 Series A and PLC5/40 Series B any 'Revision' can be equipped with a 1785-ENET "sidecar" or only few of them. I am sending u a link for Allen-Bradley PLC5 User Interface Manual. Pls Refer Page-18. In a table provided on that page it is mentioned that only 'Revision L' of PLC5/30 Series A and PLC5/40 Series B support the 1785-ENET "sidecar".

Could you please confirm or provide more info on that?

Here is the link: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1785-um019_-en-p.pdf

Thanks!

PLC5/30 Series Revision L or later can support 1785-ENET sidecar.
You will need at least Rev M to support CIP messaging

It is recomended to get the latest firmware for your series A in any case:
Part number to buy is F1785L30BSERA

Thanks!

What all other revision exists? i mean, is there Revision A,B,C etc which exist for PLC5/30A and PLC5/40B?