Panelview + 700 Tag Not Activated ?

Alan Johnson

I am using RSView Studio for the first time for my first Panelview Plus 700 display.

I finally got the display to run on the development XP computer and transferred it to the Panelview.

When I try to load it on the Panelview it gives me this error message:

The Tag '::[Maintenance_Office]N7:1' has not been activated.

The local and target settings for RSLinx Enterprise Maintenance_Office Shortcut are the same.

Alan

hope you paid for a support agreement, about a month ago i used a panel view plus on a project, local sales office was of no help to configuration errors or set up. had to just spend the money and buy a support agreement from ab. whatever happened to service what you sell?

Could be a couple of things. Here are the common ones:

1. Are other tags pointing to the PLC working with the same topic name? If not, check your comms settings.
2. Does that N file exist in the PLC (N7 is created by default, so this is unlikely to be the problem, but it may have been deleted)
3. Have you defined the tag as type digital when the tag address is in an integer format?
4. Do you have any clashing topic names set up? If you have a SE application running on your development machine you should not have the same topic name for SE and ME projects.
5. It's also possible you have made a subtle type somewhere - that's the usual problem :(