What regs did this come under 25 years ago

parky

As some of you may know I'm currently at our property in Thailand, decided to do a re-wire before taking some R&R in and around the coasts, The pic shows the original consumer unit if you can call it that, no an earth in sight, 10amp mains from supplier is fed by a 60 amp switched fuse onto another then onto 40 amp one, the sockets & lights are fed off two 2.5mm twin no earths. Even buying twin & earth it seems is impossible, resorted to twin & seperate earth.

20230126_201615.gif

As some of you may know I'm currently at our property in Thailand, decided to do a re-wire before taking some R&R in and around the coasts, The pic shows the original consumer unit if you can call it that, no an earth in sight, 10amp mains from supplier is fed by a 60 amp switched fuse onto another then onto 40 amp one, the sockets & lights are fed off two 2.5mm twin no earths. Even buying twin & earth it seems is impossible, resorted to twin & seperate earth.
Welcome to Thailand.. Yes you can buy 2 conductor with ground but as you can see for yourself there really isn't any code here. I have been going through my place and redoing the same as you... mine is all grounded but the use of wire nuts or anything to terminate is tape only here it seems. Being 220 single phase uses less amperage so they install switch breaks at will

Yes it's a mess, just found out that the phase & neutral changes over half way though, 3 years ago (just as the pandemic struck) I replaced the flourecents to LED because they sometimes would not strike up people told me it was the incomming supply not very good, with the lights off some still glowed, some even pretty bright, they are switcvhing the neutral on some of them so hopefully all will be well after the re-wire, have yet to get the energy supplier to change the incommer.

You can get 3*1.5 or 3*2.5 at Hardware House, but it probably won't have the GR or GR/YE insulation on the third conductor for earth. If you want that then you will need to find yourself an electrical distributor.

Get in touch with JJ-Lapp and they will have what you want.

Too late used twin pvc/pvc & seperate earths, not got time to shop around, found the local Global (a bit like B&Q) but they do not sell the tails I require, a freind is sourcing it for me.