Com-problem ABB AC800M tom Danfoss FC302 freqconv via EthernetIP fieldbus

turbomart

Hello!
First post here!
Trying to commission a Danfoss FC302 frequency converter (with option A MCA121 EthernetIP-card) connected to ABB AC800M via EthernetIP fieldbus. Can't establish communication. FC302 says "WARNING 34, Fieldbus Communication Fault". AC800M says "Channel error, I/o connection error" in the hardware unit status.
The EthernetIP fieldbus have since earlier several working ABB ACS580/ACS355 on it.
Have done a lot of RTFM.
Anyone have experience of this set-up?

Thanks
/Martin

turbomart, welcome to the forum. Since there are no answers I try to help. No experience with the setup but I do have a bit pf experience with EtherNet/IP. If you were able to get Wireshark traces for the traffice between these devices we may get some hint of what the problem may be. The problem is you would need some kind of Ethernet tap device, or a manages switch with mirroring port functionality so you can capture the required traffic.

Update:
Communication is now working, but only with the simpler ODVA Assembly Instance (communication profile).
Assembly Instance FC still gives the same fault as mentioned above.

If you could get the Wireshak trace we should be able to see why the assmembly instance FC you would like to use does not work, because Wireshark can get in the trace the detailed extended status for the error response from the field device to the scanner's Connection Manager's forward open request.