Program Conversion from Delta to Siemens

RockyNivas

Hi All,

I'd like to inquire about the possibility of converting a program currently used on Delta PLC to be compatible with Siemens PLC using step 7 ? Please advise and Thanks in Advance.

Delta PLC : AS228R (ISPSOFT Software)
SIEMENS : S71215FC

Porting the ladder logic rungs and instructions is the easy part.

I would estimate something like 5-15minutes per rung on average; basic rungs would be ported in a minute or so, but in that longer estimate I include related tasks like creating tags and I/O, complex instructions (PIDs, comms, etc.), writing comments, review, validation, testing, debugging, etc.

Then there is the hardware side. Do the two systems have the same electrical specs for power and I/O (24VDC? 240VAC?)?

Is there an HMI?

Is there any external communication or fieldbus (Modbus, etc.)?

Are you asking to hire someone to do the port?