PLC Ethernet/IP Network Layout Suggestions

Did not know about Gamechanger. Thahnks for the information.

Stratix 5700 is of course a very good product. Has DLR supervisor capability if I remember correctly up to three independent rings. It also has some fiber ports. You should have no problem setting the device-level rings for the armour blocks that you mention this installation requires.

Decided to separate PLC from other cabinets. This gives the ability for any station to be completely locked out without affecting others. I can also avoid using stratix's and go for unmanaged switches. In this config the cables will be under 50m long.

image-2023-01-27-20-41-28-312.png

Last edited:
OK, so you have a ControlLogix and can have multiple EtherNet/IP modules. The applications on the factory side need only access tags in the PLC and not directly to VFDs, I assume. I think this configuration is suitable for your requirements. Good luck with the project.

OK, so you have a ControlLogix and can have multiple EtherNet/IP modules. The applications on the factory side need only access tags in the PLC and not directly to VFDs, I assume. I think this configuration is suitable for your requirements. Good luck with the project.

Thank you.
I can access VFD parameters via PLC Ethernet I/P

dlr via etaps is probably cheaper and simpler, but he mentioned being able to lock systems out

I did not consider that option because... it seems useless to me. The two network cables will be routed the exact same way so any "mechanical" failure will take them out together. Though the lock out requirement does add a few headaches on DLR network layout.