Studio 5000 Test Edit mode what happens to outputs

stayclashy80

Hey Everyone, I was wondering how the "Test Edits" mode works in studio 5000. I've never used it before. I read the outputs don't actually change when your in test mode. Thanks

I just double-checked my memory. When you perform online edits of a rung, with the PLC in RUN mode, it creates a copy of that rung that isn't being scanned. Once accepted, you can test it. When you do that, the original rung is removed and the edited rung is inserted and scanned as if it were complete. If you un-test edits, it swaps the original rung back in. So, when you test edits, it will change outputs.

If you switch the PLC itself to TEST mode, then the physical outputs are not activated. I'm not sure about the inputs, since I don't have an input module wired up at the moment.

Ah I see, yeah that's probably where I got confused. Software Test edits mode and the plc in test mode 2 different things. Cool, thank you so much joseph

Test mode most definitely changes output.

These are the modes for edits:
Pending
Accepted
Accepted+Tested
Assembled.

Accepted+Tested and Assembled enable and manipulate PLC output.