1/16 din temperature controller with profinet option

An Ethernet stack in a commodity market 1/16th DIN loop controller that also has to pass the Teutonic Profi certification exams? Wow. I'll be impressed if one shows up.

An Ethernet stack in a commodity market 1/16th DIN loop controller that also has to pass the Teutonic Profi certification exams? Wow. I'll be impressed if one shows up.
Maybe a bit out of topic. Never seen this "Teutonic" qualifier used before. Tried to google the meaning and it took me to medieval history. Do you mean the Profinet conformance test is very strict, as it was to get into the Teutonic order or something of that sort? Very interesting for me this subtleties of the English language, about which I always try to learn more.

Maybe a bit out of topic. Never seen this "Teutonic" qualifier used before. Tried to google the meaning and it took me to medieval history. Do you mean the Profinet conformance test is very strict, as it was to get into the Teutonic order or something of that sort? Very interesting for me this subtleties of the English language, about which I always try to learn more.

I think in that context it is a cultural-geographic reference to the origins of Profibus: "The history of PROFIBUS goes back to a publicly promoted plan for an association which started in Germany in 1986 ..."

An alternative reading would assume a connotation of "strict" for Teutonic, with a gentle/humorous cultural gibe, in some contexts: "having qualities that are regarded as typical of German people. Teutonic exactitude"

Yeah, it's a screwy language: I just learned how to pronounce ascertained today, in my seventh decade of speaking it; my wife had a good chuckle.

Last edited:
I consider JUMO to be junk... (previous post)
I do not see any other Temp controllers with Profinet.
Better choice may be Modbus TCP or Profibus and use comms adapter.

If you are doing any work that requires adherence to AMS2750, you will need to show 0.1 degree. That means 5 digit instrument if you go over 999.9 deg.

Last edited:
No
It’s an extruder retrofit that currently has Eurotherm with a serial interface to a SLC500

I think in that context it is a cultural-geographic reference to the origins of Profibus: "The history of PROFIBUS goes back to a publicly promoted plan for an association which started in Germany in 1986 ..."

An alternative reading would assume a connotation of "strict" for Teutonic, with a gentle/humorous cultural gibe, in some contexts: "having qualities that are regarded as typical of German people. Teutonic exactitude"
Wow. A perfect interpretation of my reply. My last name is Weise, so I'm entitled to the self-deprecating cultural gibe.

The Jumo box is full DIN size, 96mm x 96mm, 4 times the footprint of a 1/4 DIN box. But the 1/4 DIN Watlow Plus does have a Profibus DP option. Amazing that they jumped through the Profi hoops.

Can you please show me the link to that post?

It was your link where you showed it.
Do you use Jumo? I have ran into a few and the quality just did not seem to be there, and difficulty in programming and tuning PID.
To back up...not really junk, just quality is not there.

Last edited: