FactoryTalk SE Auto Logout by event

LessThanThree

I have a FactoryTalk SE 9.00 application which monitors and controls a batch application in two rooms. When running at full capacity each room has a user who is logged in. There are also three other locations that users can log in. We would like to automatically log out the user at the following conditions:

-at the end of every shift logout everyone who is logged into the system (6 am/6pm)
-at the completion of a room's batch log out that user(~90 minutes)

The intention is for us to know exactly which operator is responsible for each batch and verify there is no carryover of users from one shift to the next.

We have a policy in place but I'd like to make it automatic.

In my past I've worked more with Factorytalk ME where I do everything possible to put security in the plc rather than the limited HMI built in security. Which would make these requests simple. I'm hoping that SE has more features.

IdleDetect won't help here - OP is specifically not interested in whether the screen is idle or not, only when a batch or shift ends.

Do the logout logic in the PLC, and have a bit that's set in the PLC when a logout should occur. Then have the VBA monitor that tag for a change, and when it changes from false to true, logout and reset the "logout" tag to zero. If the "logout" tag in the PLC stays on for more than 30 seconds, raise an alarm to indicate that the auto logout has failed.

It's been a long time since I did VBA tag monitoring, and it was a huge PITA. Let me see if I can dig out some of the old threads I had on the issue.