Siemens ET200SP

Rson

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am not as familiar with Siemens hardware as I am Allen Bradley.

Customer specified that we use an interface module with ET200SP I/O. Part Number 6ES7155-6BA01-0CN0. Also specified that we program with Step 7.

I know I have worked with other Siemens modules in the past that are programmable, but this only mentions being an interface and only 300/400 CPUs show up in the Step 7 wizard.

Am I able to actually program this module or is it just a Remote I/O hub for a 300/400 Siemens Profibus PLC?

Thanks in advance.

To add to the above:

Siemens does make CPUs in the ET200SP form factor, if that is what your customer actually needs. They would be S71500, though, and require Step 7 in TIA Portal, not Step 7 in Simatic Manager.

Since the 6ES7155-6BA01-0CN0 is a Profibus Remote IO header, the PLC is most likely a Classic S7, i.e. an S7-300 or S7-400.
Profibus is possible with S7-1500, but it would be silly to use profibus with an S7-1500 CPU and ET200SP IO.

I have had a customer that wanted the combination of classic S7 CPU and program in classic Step7, with IO via the recent ET200SP.

Since the customer says that the program has to be made with STEP7, it implies that you are supposed to deliver a CPU. Are you sure that you are only to supply a remote IO station for a CPU supplied and programmed by someone else ?

I think you should remove all doubt by asking the customer to be more detailed.