Ethernet Module Generic Fault Code 16#0018 RSLogix 5000

netostp

​Hello everyone,

I triyng to link a Power Module eMB-60R from Robot Adept Viper s650 to CompactLogix, version 19.11

I followed exactly the steps according to the manual Adept ePLC User Guide for RSLogix 5000. However, the module does not communicate with the PLC.

The module appears on the RSLinx Classic network, with the correct IP. But after I add the Generic Ethernet module in the PLC, it only fails "Module Fault Code 16#0118 Module Configuration Reject: Format Error"

As I mentioned, I did the configuration exactly as the User Guide asks.

Comm Format Data - SINT
Input 1 188
Output 2 156
Configuration 3 0

I attach the user guides from Adept.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance !​​

Hello and welcome to the forum. Why are you using a generic configuration? Don't you have the EDS file for this device? I found this document. I think if you can get the EDS file there is less room to create incorrect configurations. Found the link below which may help you.

https://intech.net.in/intechchennai...eries-EtherNetIP-Connection-Guide.pdf#page=15
hello Alfredo, thanks for the answer!

I did not found the EDS file for the module or for the robot.. the guide you mentioned talks about EDS file but it doesn't make it available, I'm searching all omron/adept sites looking for an EDS file and I can't find it..

without success also on the odva website.. I have some example .ACD files from Omron's own website which uses a generic module and is configured exactly the same way.. could it be an incompatibility with my ethernet card? thank you again

I would only be able to understand more if you can get some Wireshark traces, but you will need an Ethernet tap or managed switch with port mirroring functionality to be able to produce this kind of data. I do not think that the problem is with the Ethernet card. It seems the Logix program is not configuring the EtherNet/IP adapter device as expects to be configured.

Last edited:
I would only be able to understand more if you can get some Wireshark traces, but you will need an Ethernet tap or managed switch with port mirroring functionality to be able to produce this kind of data. I do not think that the problem is with the Ethernet card. It seems the Logix program is not configuring the EtherNet/IP adapter device as expects to be configured.
I don't think I can get this data for you.. but thank you very much for your help! I'm going to try to plug it into another PLC, with a different firmware version and a different Ethernet card.

The curious thing is that I already have two Viper s650 robots installed on the same machine, where the PLC sends commands via ethernet to the Smart Controller CX, which runs the ePLC, responsible for interpreting the PLC commands and transmitting them to the power module.. And according to Adept's guides, the Ethernet settings are the same.

Thank you very much!

Is the firmware version in this Viper s650 that is giving you problems the same version as the other two which work as you expect? I can explain you how to get the firmware version with a free tool from ODVA if you cannot verify the firmware version.

I think thats not the same firmware. The ePLC from SmartController CX is 1.0 and from the Power Module eMB-60R i don't know. Wich Tool from ODVA is this ? Can send me please?