1734-AENTR (Code 16#0010) Mode or state does not allow...

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi:
I have been using this module for years for my testing.
Now it does not work and have no idea how to fix this.
Will be very grateful for your expert advice.

1734-AENTR.jpg

OK, I did not check unicast, but I do not think this is the cause of the problem because multicast is used for application in which a redundant owner, such as listen-only owner will consume the data produced from the remote IO. The error indicates that the device is in a conflicting state. I wonder what this bad state can be. The communication through the local bus seems OK.

might be pins bent? Check to see if cards are seated correctly.
Can you ping this module? I have had problems with the thumbwell being inbetween addresses. Did you power cycle the rack after settings are correct?
Is not your chasis size incorrect? i see 2 cards not 3
I thought there was a tab that will set the correct chassis size so it matches config to what is there.

OK, I did not check unicast, but I do not think this is the cause of the problem because multicast is used for application in which a redundant owner, such as listen-only owner will consume the data produced from the remote IO.

Ah, I figured it wouldn't be so easy and that you likely had a reason to uncheck it, considering that it was you who posted. I don't work on redundant systems, which is probably apparent, I'll go ahead and file that one as new knowledge.

I have only had this happen to me a couple times with a couple different devices. If you haven't tried this yet, try putting the plc into program mode and see if the adapter gets happy after a short period of time. You may also try to inhibit the adapter while in program mode then un-inhibit it to see if that helps. Powering down in program mode and them powering up again so the system starts up in program mode may help as well.

If this all sounds a lot like me saying "Turn the switch off and on and jiggle the cord some", that's because that is what I'm saying. I don't have a great answer. Just trying to get the adapter to come up without the plc banging on it right away to see if that helps.

Keith

Ah, I figured it wouldn't be so easy and that you likely had a reason to uncheck it, considering that it was you who posted. I don't work on redundant systems, which is probably apparent, I'll go ahead and file that one as new knowledge.
Another reason why unicast should be used instead of multicast when there is no need for a redundant scanner is when the network switching hubs are unmanaged and do not support IGMP snooping, because in this case the multicast traffic can cause serious communication problems.

Make sure the chassis size is set correctly in BOTH the project file and the web interface. I've seen this on a mismatch between what the project states and what the web interface is reporting.

Make sure the chassis size is set correctly in BOTH the project file and the web interface. I've seen this on a mismatch between what the project states and what the web interface is reporting.
That was exactly the problem. Sorry for not having reported the solution. When you do a type-1 reset to the device, it goes back to factory settings and requires resetting the chassis size. Thanks very much.

Last edited: