What PLC for beginner

Hi,

I am looking on PLCs to make automations in a greenhouse (30x90 feet) in Canada, Québec. The goal is to start a heating, move rollup motors, read temperature probes.
I made a lot of computer programming, but I am completely new in the PLC world.

I am looking for something reliable, and not too expensive (if possible), with IoT (MQTT) support (LAN only).
I looked on AutomationDirect PLCs, which seem to be interesting for me, with free programming software.
I took a quick look on Siemens, Schneider Electrics, Wago, but they all seems to have a paying programming software.

Can you help me choose something based on the criteria I mentioned?
Thanks in advance !

There's a tree farm near here that has 3 greenhouses of similar size as yours, they use a platform called Argus. It's reasonably easy for an enduser to configure conditions and triggers, but it's fairly expensive and the sensors supplied seem cheap. It uses primarily 24v AC controls: analog inputs, digital I/O, etc.

There's a tree farm near here that has 3 greenhouses of similar size as yours, they use a platform called Argus. It's reasonably easy for an enduser to configure conditions and triggers, but it's fairly expensive and the sensors supplied seem cheap. It uses primarily 24v AC controls: analog inputs, digital I/O, etc.

I know Argus, it is way too overpriced for us... Anyway it seems they are the best for big players.