Red Lion Data Station to S7 1500 plc

pauly

We have a project where there are a number of areas of plant that need to monitored (around ten areas) and as the customer has only specified the number of data points and the mix of data from each area (some discrete data on hardwired I/O and some across communications networks, profibus, Modbus TCP/IP to be confirmed) I was thinking of using a Red Lion Data Station Plus in each area to act as a communication master with some local I/O on Modbus TCP/IP and networking all ten Data stations to a central Siemens PLC. The reason for the Red Lion Data station is that they are flexible in the protocols that are available.
My question is has anybody networked Data Stations together before to a Siemens PLC?
The reason for the PLC is that there could be some control involved as well and a SCADA system connected to the PLC.

Thanks for any help