GE IP CPE305 change IP address without serial cable

Ozpeter

So I am happily communicating with my CPE305 at its default, out of the box IP Address of 192.168.0.100. So now I want to download a new project with a different IP Address and I do not have a serial cable.

Normally I would edit the project with the new IP address, set a temporary IP address on the CPU to match then go online and do a download.

However the CPE305 does not support setting a temporary IP address, and I can't think of any steps I can take inside of ME to get around this limitation.

Is this possible or do I need to shell out for a serial cable?

Change the IP address in hardware configuration and download the configuration to the PLC while the target IP address in Machine Edition is still 192.168.0.100. Once the PLC's configuration is changed you will lose communications. Then change the target IP address in Machine Edition to the one you just downloaded and go back online.

If you are connected, you can set the new IP in the CPU's hardware config and download the new configuration at the same time as the new program. Just remember that you will need to adjust the Target IP of Proficy after to re-connect.