What is the part number for this end cap?

To Contr_Conn and all of experts in Rockwell technology. I have looked for this 9905-END in all of the Rockwell resellers and nobody carries this item. I need only two, one for one of our L16ER and another one for a 1734- EtherNet/IP remote IO assembly that I need to resell to a customer, and for which the distributor did not quote the 9905-END and I purchased without realizing that this part was missing.
I got a quote from this distributor for 100 units for the equivalent of around US$ 500. I am thinking of purchasing this because I do not want to deliver to my customer a product with an insulating tape protecting the back plane bus of their brand-new product.
So I wonder, and here is my question: Do you think I could resell the other 97 units in eBay? it seems other people are in my situation. Yesterday I had a customer in my office who needed some help with Logix 5000 project, and he had the very same L16ER as we do, and his also did not have the 9905-EN.
I am not expecting to make a killing, just recover the investment and shipping costs, plus some profit for the effort. Do you think if I offer the 9905-END for about US$ 20/unit plus shipping expenses (some US$ 15) that there would be interest for this in eBay? Or do you think if I buy these things they will stay on our shelf gathering dust until the end of the universe?

Since you started last post addressing to me, then I think that it's a crazy idea.
Dealing with eBay, PayPal and international shipping is not worth in my opinion.
If you are willing to spend this much money, may be someone will send you a couple at the cost of international shipping?
But I think that my earlier advise to have it 3D printed is much better approach.

Thanks very much for your opinion and advise.
Never done 3D printing and I do know any company that does this. Would need to look into this and try to find some company that could do this for me. I am afraid however that the time it takes me to do this will be worth more than buying the stuff from the Rockwell disty. Also, not sure where I can get the required measurements for this product so that the required input for the 3D printer can be provided.
As for purchasing the product, I would pay for it if someone could offer it. I wrote to Radwell and three or four resellers in eBay, and all of them responded that they do not offer the product.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your interest and follow-up advice.

I went hunting in my spares, and found 3 here. PM me your address and I'll ship 2 out.

I'll keep the 3rd here, I have a 3D printer and some spare Point racks I can check the fitment on, for future use.

the_msp:
This is so very kind from you. Thanks very much. I will PM you. I want to pay for the shipment and for the product or send you something in exchange. Will discuss the details in my PM. No urgency for this request. You have far more urgent things going on as I can grasp from your other posts.

I made 3D printed end cap.
Very simple task if you have a 3D printer. PM me if you want STL file, I will not make it public.

IMG_0492b.jpg

Last edited:
Contr_Conn, this is awesome!

I do not have a 3D printer. Fortunately for me, the_msp has sent me two 9905-ENDs. So I am OK for now. If in the future I need more of these I will PM you a request for quotation.

Thanks for letting me know. How did you design this? You must be very skilled measuring small things.

Last edited:
You may need to find a child neighbor who can teach you how to use 3D printer and make drawings.
You can get reasonably good and friendly 3D printer for less than $200.
Free versions of 3D CAD for personal use are available too with a lot of tutorials.
This part is very simple to draw, there are only 3 function used: Sketch, extrude and fillet.
However, I made 6 print attempts to get dimensions right: these little slots are hard to measure so it's all trial and error.

Very interesting, Contr_Conn. Maybe you are right that I should explore the world of 3D printing.
I think you could sell these in eBay. I would pay US$ 30.00 plus shipment if I needed one.