PanelView Plus 7 Series B - LDAP

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear friends,

I am having some issues getting the new PanelView Plus Performance Series B to authenticate to our Domain Controller here in the office.

I have a ticket open with Rockwell, and TBH, I am not getting the best support on this topic.

Does anyone know what the attached "Network Identification" screen is for?

I have tried several different configurations.

I have exported the certificate from the Domain Controller via tools in View Studio, and imported the certificate into the PV using the instructions in the manual. I can see it there under My Certificates.

Let us say my domain name is XYZCorp.

When I ping -a my DC Controller's IP address, I get the following back...

Server: SRV-DC01.YXZCorp.local
Address: 192.168.15.20

Is the "SRV-DC01.YXZCorp.local" my FQDN of my Domain Controller?

What am I doing wrong?

PanelView Plus Network Identification.PNG PanelView Plus Name Servers Config.PNG PanelView Plus LDAP Config.PNG PanelView Plus login.PNG

Update.

With FW 12.105, I can get the series B to Authenticate LDAP to 2008 Server with the top two authentication modes...

LDAP and Windows and LDAP Only.

I cannot get it to work via SSL.

I think this maybe a certificate issue, but I am not very versed on this topic.

Wireshark shows the Hello message and Hello done message from the server, so it would seem that the HMI and DC have agreed on encryption method and exchanged public keys.

That is as far as I have made it so far.

One thing I noticed is I believe the Series B has DNS issues, because I need to put the IP address in for the Domain controller. If I try to use the dns DC name of the FQDN I see zero packets coming out of the PV in wire shark.

Were you able to get a resolution to this issue? We are experiencing the same thing except we can't get traffic to hit our domain at all with the full FQDN name; it will hit the domain if we use the IP but still doesn't authenticate for us. We have several series A panels in our plant but this is our first series B.