How to remove password on Old OMRON CPM2A with PRO01

firdausbinali

Hi all,

My name is Firdaus. I am a teacher. And for the next semester I have to teach PLC to student. The problem is, I just move to this school, and I found 5 units of old Omron CPM2A with PRO01 pendant in the drawer. It was last used in 2006. I intend to wake it up and use it in my class. The problem is, when I power it on. The screen at the pendant shows ''<RUN> PASSWORD!''.

How to reset it? And 1 more question is, I cant find the programming cable anywhere. Is it possible if I just use USB to serial converter cable?

Thank you.

Contact Omron - I would throw it away to be honest. I think the password was CLR - MON - CLR for the hand head.

Bob is correct. CLR - MON - CLR. This is not really a password but more like function of the handheld to prevent accidental key strokes. If it is truly password protected then you have to contact Omron or just clear the memory and start over.

The manual can be very confusing about the cables since they refer to 25 pin serial ports in some of their part numbers. The CQM1-CIF02 is the Peripheral port to 9 pin cable but you can make a programming cable to use with the RS232C port that will not require the Host Link converter. It's not a standard pin out so you'll have to refer to the manual.

For your teaching purposes, you may find it beneficial to purchase an inexpensive CP1L or CP1E series. They would use a standard USB cable and/or Ethernet depending on which model you purchase.