JVL intergrated Servo motor

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I am hoping there is some here on the list with the "Black Belt" in JVL servo motors :)

I have a MAC3000 motor controlled via Ethernet IP (MAC00-EI41 module) my PLC is a AB L33ER, today I am using an external encoder to calculate the next move by the motor, works fine.

But we have had some encoder problems and now the costumer would like to switch to a simpler setup using a ramp down sensor and a stop sensor.

I have been going true every manual I could find but nothing pops up that is straight forward.

Anyone on the list that made this setup before ?

The setup I am using right now is (and I am sure this is probably not the way it was intended)

I pass the two sensors directly to the PLC

When starting the rotation, I set the acceleration and speed.

When ramp down sensor is active, I change acceleration and speed.

When stop sensor is active, I change acceleration and set speed to Zero

My test setup looks OK, I will try the real thing tomorrow šŸ˜Š and see if my reaction time is OK

I have used hundreds of JVL MAC motors with the MAC00-EI4 and ControlLogix.

I assume you're putting the Acceleration and Velocity into the I/O image, just like the Mode command.

Is the motor generally in Velocity mode before those sensor are made, or is it in Position mode with a position far ahead from the actual place you need to stop ?

How precise does your stopping position need to be ?

Do you have an Absolute or an Incremental encoder on the MAC3000 ?

Hi Ken

I start in velocity mode and keep it there true the operation, I have a timeout function, that sets mode to 0, if the machine is not used.

I change Accel and velocity on the fly, when the motor is in motion, I have a 10:1 gear on the motor and ramp the speed down to 190 RMP before reaching my stop sensor, so the stopping is fairly accurate and consistent.

The radius on the axel is 480 mm and I need to stop within +- 10 mm

I have an incremental encoder in the motor, which I am not using at the moment, my plan is to run a P_NEW command before each run and use the encoder values to check if I am too far or too short.

It is running OK :), the trick was to get a smooth Accel and de-accel and still keep up with the speed, I need to turn the axel 90 degrees in 1 second then a 2 second break and repeat.

At first I wanted to connect stop sensors directly to the drive, to speed up reaction time and accuracy.

But I never found the right setup, have you done this before ?