Keyboard settings in RSlogix500

EnderTao

Hello, I am currently taking a course on plc programming and in the course rslogix 500 is being used. I am however having a problem since it keeps changing the keyboard language to english(USA) every time i type in it and the key placements and binds are different than the layout i have on my keyboard. Has anyone had the same issue? And if so does anyone have a solution?

Now i know i dont need to use the softwere since its just a course, but since it is part of it i want to actually use it.

appriciate it if you take your time to help me out :)

Hello, I am currently taking a course on plc programming and in the course rslogix 500 is being used. I am however having a problem since it keeps changing the keyboard language to english(USA) every time i type in it and the key placements and binds are different than the layout i have on my keyboard. Has anyone had the same issue? And if so does anyone have a solution?

Now i know i dont need to use the softwere since its just a course, but since it is part of it i want to actually use it.

appriciate it if you take your time to help me out :)

I'm not sure that I understand the question. You mention that the keyboard is laid out differently (perhaps qwerty versus dvorak or something similar?)

Or maybe you are talking about the keyboard shortcuts?

At a guess, I'll talk about this stuff:
- RSLogix500 (at least as far as I can find) is just a program.
- Windows takes care of the keyboard mapping.
- In the install for RSLogix500, like most of the rockwell products, it asks what language you want to use. I have gotten that wrong in the past by fat-fingering the keyboard ... and I ended up uninstalling using windows uninstall .. then re-installing with the correct language.

If I got it wrong, please explain and maybe include a screen snapshot?

Thank you guys for answering. Ill try to clear up the problem and attach some images as well.

I have a Norwegian keyboard which is pretty similar to a traditional QWERTY keyboard except that since we have some extra letters we have moved the ":" and ";" around along with some other symbols. The problem i am having is when i click a component (attached file "compnent.png") it changes from norwegian keyboard (attached file "nob.png") to english usa keyboard (attached file "Eng") even tho i dont have that keyboard language installed on my computer.

I have tried a bunch of stuff, including the link given, in the windows settings, but it still changes.

I also tried reinstalling the softwere, but i cant seem to see anywere were i can change the language. I attached a file of what it looks like when i go into costum setup in the installer.

Once again i wanna thank you for helping me since its pretty hard to get in contact with rockwell themselfs about the issue.

Component.PNG Eng.PNG Micro english.PNG Nob.PNG