FT View SE device alarms not working

Thanks, but tag alarms aren't working either

Now I get it. PlantPax v5 provides device alarms, v4 doesn't.

The problem I have now is getting tag alarms to work. Before I go through the process of using the Alarm Builder, I want to confirm I can manually configure alarms. Attached you can see I tried adding alarm and event tags. None of them are showing up in the Alarm Summary. It is hard to figure out if the problem is in the alarm configuration, the alarm server, or the Alarm Summary configuration

rockwell_tagalarms_2022-12-31 at 10.51.58 AM.jpg rockwell_tagalarms_2022-12-31 at 10.52.25 AM.jpg

Did you save when you added the alarms?

Is the shortcut correct? How is the alarm display configured? Is it pointed at your alarm and events server?

Edit: I'd look at what transformation you'd need to put your alarms in the PLC directly. It's quite nice this way, and it allows you to play with a lot more things by accessing to the @Alarm and @alarmSet tags. Sadly, documentation is close to none about this, although it's something that Rockwell did well to develop.

cardosocea, thanks very much for your help!

Q: How is the alarm display configured? Is it pointed at your alarm and events server?
A: I had a typo in the alarm server configuration, now it works

You say I could use @Alarm and @alarmSet tags and there is little documentation of this. How would I use them?

When you create a tag based alarm in the PLC, you can access all of the alarm settings and state with the @Alarm keyword.

If you have several alarms tied to the same variable(or AOI instance), you can then monitor the state of all alarms through the @AlarmSet keyword. The issue is that this functionality isn't described by Rockwell in any detail so it's a bit of a hit and miss. Also, since you don't get access to the internal logic of PlantPAX5, you can't see how they're supposed to be used in the PlantPAX5 topology.

I've asked Rockwell for help on this, but they are true to their fame and told me to Eff Off, but in nicer words. I do have monthly meetings with them about all sites in the company and am planning to drop the bomb in one of these meetings that I don't think it's worth continuing to integrate such a limited platform when we get more bang for our back with even Emerson.

Edit:

In your PLC, create an Analog Value tag. Then right click and add alarm, add the alarms for Hi and Lo (the creation menu has these options). Then in logic (the @Alarm doesn't show in the tag database), create dummy moves to see the values of the different members of the @Alarm UDT for each alarm. Play with the value of the variable to see the difference in data on that @alarm tag.

PlantPAX5 does make use of this functionality... however, they don't make use of the High and Low Alarms and instead configure all as digital alarms (which again is typical Rockwell to make something that isn't usable). My gut feeling without seeing the logic is that they don't have gate functionality in the tag based alarms and have to do it as digital to be able to implement the tag. But I may be wrong on the reason, doesn't matter.

Last edited: