Siemens TIA Openness Upload

arthur.hauer

Dear experts,

I'm developing a versioning/auto-backup system for a client, using openness.
Currently, I'm tackling the 'auto-backup' problem.

I know openness/TIA V15.1 supports station upload (software and hardware) for 1500 plcs.
As for 1200/300/400 plcs, and TIA versions earlier than V15.1, how does one uploads plc data?

After a little research, I've noticed VersionDog from Auvesy is able to upload plc software since TIA V13 SP1 (VersionDog uses openness as well). Does anyone have any idea how that is done?

In openness V15.1 manual, there's a UploadOptions parameter (hardware, software, hardware and software, etc), although it's stated that 'The user cannot specify the Upload options'.

Is there another way to upload data using openness?