New Laptop Recommendations

I'd hate to spend too much on a Laptop considering the abuse they sometimes take.
This one got Hydraulic Oil splashed all over it and into and behind the screen the other day.

Totally. I had one almost fall off a mezzanine deck - it only caught by the RJ45 cable (thank goodness it wasn't a USB C!).

I have a fairly basic Dell (i5, 8 GB ram, 500 GB) that does fine with RSLogix, Studio 5000 and CCW; the only things I wish it had are a larger hard drive and a second ethernet port so I can configure 2 different IPs to easily connect to different equipment.

I'd hate to spend too much on a Laptop considering the abuse they sometimes take.
This one got Hydraulic Oil splashed all over it and into and behind the screen the other day.

Nice, I've felt like I was at a Gallagher show a few times doing firmware updates on some drives. The customer was still running and dumping chicken into big mixers, and the act of dumping the product would throw chicken juice everywhere, and to keep things from possibly bricking their drives I had them bring me large plastic tarps that I could cover my laptop (and myself for a little bit) since it was definitely the worst thing in the world to halt production for 15 minutes and wait for the updates.

... the only things I wish it had are a larger hard drive and a second ethernet port so I can configure 2 different IPs to easily connect to different equipment.

Can you add a USB to EtherNet port?
attachment.php

Back around 2005 or so, at a friction plant, we had an old IBM ThinkPad. It would occasionally get so full of (metallic!) dust that it would start to bog down. That let us know it was time to pop the cover off and blow it out. It would then go back to normal operation. That impressed me...

Last 6 months I've been using a Dell precision 7760 windows 11, i7 vpro 32gb ram and I'm not even sure how much ssd space, but I think something around 3tb.

So far it's solid, usually I'm only running one vm at a time, but no noticable difference in performance when I do.

I have a Lenovo P17 1 gen.
64 GB RAM 2 x 1TB SSD

Running software om VMware Workstation - 1 image for each make / type of programming software.