Hello All

I hope you are well and safe.

I have a problem that I could use your appreciated input for:

SW: SIMATIC MANAGER v5.5 SP3

HW1: S7400 (CPU 416-3 DP) 6ES7 416-3XR05-0AB0

HW2: S7300 (CPU 315-2 DP) 6ES7 315-2AH14-0AB0

ES: Dell station / Win 7 Ultimate

PG/PC: TCP/IP(Auto)

The S7400 CPU is acting as a master (Operating mode DP master on X2 DP port). The S7300 CPU is acting as a slave (Operating mode DP slave on X2 DP port).

The Engineering Station (ES) is connected to the S7400 through Ethernet and I can access it online (download/upload...etc.)

I succeeded in adding the S7300 PLC in the same project as the S7400 PLC and make coupling on the profibus with the proper configuration and could see the S7300 online and exchange data with it.

My question is:

1. Can I access the S7300 slave program online from the project on the engineering station? (Is there some sort of bridging between S7400 Ethernet and S7300 profibus?)

I remember in some project before (although it was PCS7), that I can access the slave online from the ES although I was not directly connected to the slave.

I don't know if there is a difference between PCS7 and STEP7 or if I am missing some configuration or if it is even possible in the first place šŸ™ƒ

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You can access the S7-300 via routing over the S7-400. This needs the option for "test and installation" is set on the S7-300 at the DP slave setting. The S7-400 needs to know the subnet IDs of the subnet, this is done if you have all stations together in NetPro, compile and download the data.

To use the routing option, you have to add a PG/PC inside netpro, assign a network card and connect it to the subnet where it's connected, and set this setting to active (the line will be marked yellow).

With these settings, Step7 knows that the S7-300 cannot be reached directly, and tries to use S7 routing over the S7-400.

That's all you need in a classic Step7 project.

A PCS7 project is similar, with routing you should be able to reach the CPU. But you cannot simply download single blocks (FC, FBs, DBs), as it's not permitted in a PCS7 project (you all download via CFC). But you can change the project settings via context menu of the root object in the SIMATIC manager from "PCS 7" to "STEP 7". The you can work like a classic Step7 project. But I would strongly recommend to set it back to PCS7 after you're done working on the 300.

Hello

Thank you so much Thomas_v2

I already tried all that you mentioned except the PG/PC. I had my doubts about it, but did not know how to proceed; however, your way explained it in a clear way.

Now it's working fine.

Thank you again, and also thanks for your clear and detailed explanation. You just added one more reason for me to like Germany šŸ»