Mitsubishi iQ-R Addressing and Referencing of Modules

marino.v

Hi Guys,

I have a questions to the Mitsubishi guys about signal and module addresses. I’m coming from Siemens and Rockwell background, however I’m new to Mitsubishi. I have read many manuals however I’m still confused module addresses/slot numbers when accessing the buffer memory of the modules.

Q1: I know that each module has it own start address, and these start addresses should not overlap. So for the digital inputs for example, for the DI module RX40C7 with start address 0000H the first DI channel is X0, the second is X01 and the 11th shall be X0B. If start address of the module was 0050H, the first DI channel would be X050, second X051 etc. I hope my understanding is correct?

Q2: When it comes to analog modules I know I need to copy the values from module buffer memory into D area for example, however I’m very confused how reference the analog module. In the example project I have R60AD4 on the slot 1. So to move the converted value of first channel into D100, I need to MOV U1\G400 D100. This is according page 109 from MELSEC iQ-R Analog-Digital Converter Module User's Manual (Application). My question here:
- Un\G400: This “n” I think it is slot number (not the start address of the analog module)? Is the decimal address G400 correct or I need to place hexadecimal address G190?

Q3: If I have double slot modules like R60AD16-G that is placed on slots 2 and 3, I think I need to use MOV U3\G2200 D101 to move the value of the 10th channel to D101 (page 125 from MELSEC iQ-R Channel Isolated Analog-Digital Converter Module User's Manual (Application)) I’m using U3 because I think that slot 2 is “empty” slot. Am I doing ok?

I know I can use module labels to access these values, however I would like to learn how to do it in traditional way the same as you :).

Thanks so much,
Marino 📚

Out of my country at the moment but each intelligent module has two areas, one is the I/O i.e. X/Y (used mainly for things like errors, status etc. the other is BFM (buffer memory) these contain many things each module type has probably 250 plus addresses, accesed directly by Un\Gxxx Un is the channel number i.e. slot. G is the buffer memory number I think you can also use FROM/TO instructions to transfer the buffer memory from/to the card & "D" memory, well on the older platforms like FX & Q, So you will need the manual for each type of card, Again not being near my pc with GXWorks/dev etc. i cannot help but from your post it looks like you have got it right.
With I/O the address is X0- XF & X10- X1F, so hex, however, on the FX series it is octal based so X0-7 X10-X17

Last edited: