AB Panelview Plus 1000

Hmmmm....I did not know that the newest versions could compile all the way back to v5. Is there a relatively easy way to migrate a project file (apa) from the older versions to newer? I remember there were big issues when going from 32 bit to 64 bit Windows. Has that been streamlined at all?

Yes as of a Dec patch V13 can create runtime down to 5.0, I have a few machines that use 5.1 so it was only at that point that I upgraded my ft view studio to version 13. Can confirm it works.

If the projects are already on that computer it will just warn you that converting it to the higher version will make it so the lower version software can no longer open it, I haven't seen issues importing APA's of 5.1 or 6.0 but mostly I deal with restoring from MER files unfortunately so most of my APA's are already studio version 10-13.

The only limitation on the newest versions of studio creating runtime files down to 5 is that if you select version 6.0 or lower it forces the "Never allow conversion" option so you cannot restore from that MER without going through all the fun steps of loading it into the FT View ME Station software and then extract the MED file out of the temporary folder it creates and import it from there. Of course you can still generate APA files from application manager but you can't directly convert the 5.0-6.0 MER back to a project if you generate it from the newest FT view software.

Last edited:
Yes as of a Dec patch V13 can create runtime down to 5.0, I have a few machines that use 5.1 so it was only at that point that I upgraded my ft view studio to version 13. Can confirm it works.

If the projects are already on that computer it will just warn you that converting it to the higher version will make it so the lower version software can no longer open it, I haven't seen issues importing APA's of 5.1 or 6.0 but mostly I deal with restoring from MER files unfortunately so most of my APA's are already studio version 10-13.

The only limitation on the newest versions of studio creating runtime files down to 5 is that if you select version 6.0 or lower it forces the "Never allow conversion" option so you cannot restore from that MER without going through all the fun steps of loading it into the FT View ME Station software and then extract the MED file out of the temporary folder it creates and import it from there. Of course you can still generate APA files from application manager but you can't directly convert the 5.0-6.0 MER back to a project if you generate it from the newest FT view software.

There are other ways to convert without doing that long winded workaround. I wouldn't say they are something rockwell would approve of though.