Starting and stopping View Studio datalog

Paul_Pereira

Hi Guys,

I'm using an ABL33ER with Panelview 600. I have datalogging running on the HMI using the view studio datalog model on startup of the runtime. Since I'd like to log lots of data I have the logging on a large sdcard. The problem is that when I pull the sdcard out for any reason, the logging starts on the internal memory of the Panelview and this eventually crashes the Panelview when the memory is full. Is there a way to programmatically stop the logging if the sdcard is not there and start it back up when it is inserted? I'm using view studio 11 and logix designer 33.

It would be really cool if the HMI could detect the SD card's removal and automatically switch to local memory....then, when it detects the SD card is back, MOVE the accumulated local data to the SD and resume logging to the SD. I wonder if there's a way to log locally and then have it automatically move the data to SD at set intervals so local memory doesn't fill up. I remember looking at that briefly once several years ago but didn't get very far.