Is this Schneider SCADAPack 330E recoverable?

ajmist

Hi People,
I have a ScadaPack 330E that has been sitting on a shelf for a few years (previously working), and have recently re-installed Schneider's SCADAPack E Configurator (and Workbench) to a new windows 10 laptop.
When trying a USB connection (Refresh button from Controller Status page), I'm getting a modal dialog box error :
"Request: Page Read Request"
"Status: DNP Status: Function code not supported (IIN bits set)
The configuration diagnostics then have a few messages (pasted below).
I've tried "Cold Boot Mode" and "Factory Boot Mode" (holding down the config button for varying times on boot) without any improvement. Any ideas?

<+++ Master 32000 Build DNP3 Message: Table Read
<+++ Master 32000 Insert request in queue: Table Read
<=== Master 32000 Application Header, Read Request
FIR(1) FIN(1) CON(0) UNS(0) SEQ# 4
===> Master 32000 Application Header, Response
FIR(1) FIN(1) CON(0) UNS(0) SEQ# 4
+++> Master 32000 Process response to request: Table Read
===> Master 32000 IIN Bits:
IIN1.6 Device Trouble
IIN2.5 Configuration Corrupt
IIN2.0 Function Code Not Implemented

Seems like the device is actually replying, as you're getting the IIN trouble flags back.

Factory Boot normally just sets the comms parameters back to default so you can talk to the device if you don't know the comms port setup.

I would try creating a basic config with everything set to default, and see if you can write that to the unit. If you're lucky that will fix the corrupt configuration.

Agreed, yes the device is communicating - even flashes leds when I send it something on a serial port instead of usb.

Sadly it appears there is some handshaking, so going direct to a download didn't work on serial or usb.

I've taken it up with Schneider support.

The issue was resolved by a more recent SCADAPack E Configurator (the download / configuration software) supplied by Schneider.

It appears the SCADAPack Firmware was too new for the older loader software.

Thanks for the feedback, had not even thought of that as a possible issue. I've only got one E series left (rest are 474 or 574s).