1769-L16 Fault Mode

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm looking into the fault codes of a 1769-L16 the tag is Local:1:C.FaultMode. I know its simple and Im just overlooking the simple answer in the manual. I've looked at multiple manuals and can't find what the values mean. Can you point me in the direction?

Local:1:C.FaultMode

I don't know the answer off the top of my head but I'm interested in it since POINT I/O is a favorite of mine, and the embedded I/O points in a 1769-L1x controller are basically POINT modules.

The tag is displayed in Binary mode in the tag browser: 2#0000_0000_0000_0000

It's a Configuration tag, so it's part of the data that's sent to the I/O at startup, rather than a diagnostic value.

After fiddling with the Fault/Program Action tab for the embedded Outputs, I concluded that each bit in the C.Fault Mode tag is set =1 for "hold last state" and =0 for "go to value designated in C.FaultValue".

Ken as usual you make it seem easy. This whole time I looking at then config when I shouldnhave been looking at the I.Fault

Im building a few faceplates for the PV 5000 screens. Looking at the status of the controller.