KEB S6 Servo to Rockwell PLC

RockyLeafs

Hello,

We have a new project using 12 (yes, 12...) KEB servo drives.
We haven't ever used this drive yet, so I'm having some challenges to getting it to communicate to the AB PLC (L33ER) over Ethernet/IP.
We do have an Ethernet/IP module on the KEB servo.

I seem to have the IP address and can connect to the drive with the Combivis software, but the drive does not show up on RSLinx.

I'm also wondering about the homing method (my hope was to just use a hardstop location, but cant find any clear detail on how to do that in the manual).

Any help from someone with experience using these drives would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the motion technology question, but I can try to help with the communication issue.
if RSLinx does not see the KEB, I can think of a number of reasons:
1) The KEB is configured in DHCP or BootP and thus requires a DHCP/BootP server tool such as the Rockwell tool so you can assign a valid IP address to the KEB servo.
2) The KEB servo has a "stored value" configure IP address which is valid but not in the subnet where RSLinx's PC is configured.
3) The KEB servo may need some configuration via web server or telnet server or some other means, to enable the EtherNet/IP functionality.
4) The KEB device has a valid IP address already being used by another device and so it goes to ACD conflict detected status (address conflict detection). In this case if the KEB supports MOD STS and NET STS lamps, the NET STS lamps goes solid red and the MOD STS goes flashing red.

One good way to try to shed some light is to install Wireshark and start the Wireshark to monitor the network while you plug the LAN cable of the KEB device. If it has a valid IP address you will see the ARP (address resolution protocol) broadcast from the KEB and it will tell you the IP address it has configured. If it is configured in DHCP/BootP, you will see the IP broadcast request from the KEB.
Hope this helps.

I've discovered the issue with the communication to the PLC.

The IP address under parameter fb108 is for 'Ethernet over fieldbus IP configuration' which appears to be the IP address used to connect with the combivis software.

The IP address under fb109 is for actual communication between the drive and the plc when using static IP address. I noticed when I put a different value in this field, the KEB drive showed up in RSLinx but under this IP address.

This confused me because normally with other drives I've used (Kinetix, Kollmorgen, etc...) the IP address for Ethernet/IP communication is the same as configuration.