RS PRO Hmi display connecting to micro 800?

JustinRBean

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience setting up a RS PRO HMI to connect to a Micro800 plc?

The available drivers on the HMI editor are:
> Rockwell Ethernet DF1
> Rockwell Ethernet/IP DF1
> Rockwell Ethernet DF1(Compact Logix) Free Tags

I have not been able to find anything that expressly tells me that these are compatible with the Micro 850 series

I have been told by the Allen Bradley dealer that I ABSOLUTELY MUST use a Panelview HMI that costs 3 times more. Since I am only using it to complete my university project I am trying to keep the costs low.

HMIEditorP-Drivers.jpg

Maple Systems provide a great HMI for the Micro800 series for a lot less money.

And you may also want to check out Kinco Hmi they are even less.

Don't want to cause panic here, but when I downloaded the software for the RS range of HMIs, Kaspersky Internet Security flagged a Virus. I did report it to RS but heard nothing back. Anyway I decided my computer security was more important than being able to get an HMI for a job.