Running code every 16 seconds Crimson 3

secs

Hi all. Using a Red Lion G15 and Crimson 3 I need to run some code every 16 seconds and cannot see how to do it?

It must be staring at me but no idea. I have the code in a "program" and have set its properties to Execution Task Background1 but that doesnt seem to make it happen.

Can someone point me to the right place please

The G3 isn't really meant for critical timing applications but it can be done to some extent. Here's how I would do it:
1. Create a numeric tag and set it to increment with the Global On Tick action. (Put "IntTag:=IntTag+1" in the action field, or just "IntTag++" which does the same thing.)
2. On that same tag, in the Triggers section, create an an Absolute High trigger with a value of 16.
3. For the trigger action, put the program you want to run plus "IntTag:=0" (separated by a comma).

This will increment the tag value every second, and reset the total every 16 seconds.

Thanks John. Yep it doesnt have to be exactly 16 secs so that should be fine. I will give it a go. Many thanks