RS Logix 5000 UDT

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am doing a project for 1st time in years and i am very rusty

I am trying to create a udt for process valves

The UDT has content but the size is showing as 0 bytes?

This is where i need help

I have attached a screen shot showing the issue in yellow highlight

Thanks in advance

udt.jpg

Mine registers a size once I hit the apply button.

As a suggestion, unless you are following some external data arrangement, is to declare all the BOOLs first then work on up in data size for the elements.

Is 'TIME' an actual type (possibly a previously defined UDT?)
When I attempted to add an element of a type which hasn't been defined the the 'size' went back to question marks (as would be expected). I see that you discovered the problem. You must use types that exist. If you intend to create a type called TIME then do that first. Elapsed time in a standard timer is in milliseconds and is held in a DINT. Try that.

Last edited:
Hi Bernie
Thanks

In Siemens it is a datatype so i need to flush some of that. I will change it to DINT for the timer preset values

Cheers