Can't upload from running CompactLogix (L23) because of error

HI
not sure if you are still fighting this but wondering if it would help to pull the expansion modules while doing the upload. I can't see how it would help but maybe?? just a thought.
Good Luck.

That is three expansion modules. The 1769-L23 series can only have two expansion modules.

This was true for version 17 and prior.

HI
not sure if you are still fighting this but wondering if it would help to pull the expansion modules while doing the upload. I can't see how it would help but maybe?? just a thought.
Good Luck.

If it were my call, I would do this in a heartbeat, but the customer is afraid of faulting the processor and does not want to do this. If they fault and can't clear it with keyswitch, they are down for several weeks until we write a new program from scratch.

We managed to get the program today from the original integrator and went online with the processor. There were no module faults and the I/O size was set to 5 (max). It had no trouble and I did an immediate save/upload without incident. No idea why we couldn't do an upload from scratch. Rockwell had no resolution, either.

Thanks for all your input.

Just to revive a "sleeping" thread, I am back on this customer's site and needed to get into this PLC. Because another vendor has made a download since my last interaction with this PLC, it prompted me to upload and I am having the same error as I posted last year.
While we are waiting to see if we can get the latest and greatest from the vendor (so we can go straight online without uploading), I am hoping someone from Rockwell sees this or maybe someone has a resolution for this by now.
The rack supports 3 expansion modules and the maximum I/O is already set for 5. Still clueless....

Update:
I just spoke with the vendor and he mentioned about uploading the EDS file from the device because Linx/Logix will think its only the 2-expansion module L23, not the 3 expansion version. I tried this and it did not make a difference. Still failed on upload.

Last edited: