Factory Talk - tag database error

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
With Factory Talk View Studio-ME, I have restarted an application twice now due to the error
“An error occurred while attempting to open the tag database editor”. Once I get the error, I can’t ever get the tag database back. i.e. importing a new one says that it works, but in fact the error doesn’t go away. This may be caused by associating the PLC shortcut after the tag database is created? I really am clueless, but I need to figure it out. Any one?

I normally get past that problem with a reboot of the PC. I don't even think of trying anything else until I perform a complete shut down and restart.

I just found out that the problem is caused by the program rtdsk40.exe (probably a pseudonym for Factory Talk . .) that was running and locking the database. Although i didn't knowingly have 2 copies running at the same time, it appears that i may have. When i used a 3rd party software called "unlocker" to unlock the TAG directory .DB file, it forced me to kill the exe process above. That unlocked the tag database and let me proceed.
If i learn anything more, I'll put it here.

narlin

in playing around, i have accidentlly added the tags from another project to the project that i am working on. How does one delete/remove a Tag directory from FTVS-ME?

you find the stupid delete file button - 1 of the 150 buttons on screen and just push it !!!!
narlin

Hi,
i have a Problem with the opening my Project in factory talk Studio. I made a backup of one Project and i restored it, but now if the Project is opening it stopps shortly before it´s completed loading. Then a message appears "Tag database not found"
Does somebody know how to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance

The problem may have to do with version incompatibility. Was the original project (the one you backed up) developed in the same version that you're currently working with? If the original was created in a 32bit OS, the tag database has to be converted using a Legacy Conversion tool. Also, are you working with FTView ME or SE? Are you restoring an .apa or .mer file?

Thanks for the quick respond, i already found the Problem. Even i did the backup some files from the TAG file were missing. Now it´s working
Thanks