Connection issues with Siemens SIMOVERT MasterDrive and OP27

MoraleC2

I am working on a project to back up software for a number of machines for a client, and am having problems connecting to SIMOVERT MasterDrives and an OP27 panel.

For the SIMOVERT connection, I am using cable 9AK1012–1AA00 with Drive Monitor, connected directly to my laptop. I have also tried fabricating my own cable based on the Drive Monitor documentation:

PC-----------------X103
2-RX---------------7-TX
3-TX---------------2-RX
5-GND-------------1,5,9-GND

For the OP27 connection, I have tried an RS232/TTY adapter cable, as well as a cable I fabricated based on cable 6XV1-440-2KH32 (I have also tried swapping RTS and CTS pins with no luck):

PC-------------OP27
2-RX-----------TX---4
3-TX-----------RX---3
5-GND---------GND-15
7-RTS----------RTS-10
8-CTS----------CTS--5

When attempting to connect, I configure the com port and baud rate in the respective software to match what is in Device Manager.

Can anyone give me pointers on what I may be doing wrong, or what steps I need to take that I may have missed?

For Masterdrive
In Drive Monitor how is your interface set?
Also what is P700 and P701 set to in the Masterdrive?

In Drive Monitor, I have COM1 selected with a baud rate of 38400 (I have also tried other baud rates), and bus operation is set to Automatic.

I have not checked P700 and P701; I am assuming they are default, though I will have to find out for sure next time I am on site. What values should they be set to?

I am not using a USB to RS232 converter; I have a Dell laptop with an extension module that has a RS232 port on it. It has worked for other serial connections.

on the OP27

you using Prosave to upload the file?
and putting it in transfer mode?

I havent used a OP27 in a long time

I did not know the OP27 required to be in transfer mode to back up the program with Prosave; I've been able to create backups of OP270 panels without going into transfer mode. I will try that, then.

The OP27 should automatically change to transfer mode, but sometimes it works more reliably when you manually set the OP27 in transfer mode.

Connect the cable 6XV1-440-2KH32 to IF2.
When powering on the OP27, press ESC + Arrow Up. That will change the panel to Transfer mode.

This does not look right.
PC-------------OP27
2-RX-----------TX---4
3-TX-----------RX---3
5-GND---------GND-15
7-RTS----------RTS-10
8-CTS----------CTS--5

Try this:
PC-------------OP27
2-RX-----------TX---4
3-TX-----------RX---3
5-GND---------GND-12
1-6-4-(bridge)
7-8-(bridge)

Also, you are aware that using Prosave to upload an image, will not give you a project file you can edit or convert to another panel type. You can only download the image to another identical panel.

Quick update: I have a couple weeks before I go back onsite to try these solutions. But I got in contact with Siemens, and JesperMP is correct in that the pinout I had was wrong. Hopefully putting the OP27 in transfer mode with this new pinout will be successful.

I am aware that I will only be retrieving the compiled runtime and not the project files.

Thank you all for your help.

Update: The new pinout for the OP27 cable and putting it into Transfer mode worked, and setting the correct Baud rate for the SIMOVERT drive worked. All issues resolved.

Thank you all again for your help.