*SF* LED is on of Siemens PLC IM151

AB2005

Hi

In one of our machine, there is Seimens PLC IM151-8 PN/Dp CPU. HMI is connected via Ethernet and other devices are connected via Profibus.

Problem is that CPU's SF indication is permanent lit and it's Stop. I want to know why SF is on. Second, which Siemens software do I need to go online.

Please help.

20220610_024803.jpg

I've never used the ET200S before, but I can find that model on TIA. You would need the professional licence for this.
According to the manual it says these were originally programmed in Step 7 so that's an option if you have a licence.

There is a chance that the original programmer has enabled the webserver on the CPU.
With the webserver you can go online and check the diagnostics buffer without the need for programming software. Simply type in the IP address of the CPU and the main webpage should appear. If you get this far, you may have to enter a password to login and proceed to open the diagnostics.

If the webserver is not enabled, then you need the programming software to go online.
There is a difference if the program was made with STEP7 V5 (aka classic) or TIA STEP7 V1x.
You need the exact version that the program was made with to go online. If TIA, then it must be the correct version, i.e. V11, V12, V13, V14, V15, V15.1, V16 or V17.

I think you shall contact the original supplier of the machine. They can provide the passwords for the webserver and/or the program.

The SF light on your Power Module indicates a problem at that module. The SF light on the CPU indicates a problem somewhere on some device controlled by that CPU.
Check the wiring and voltage level on the PM before chasing down software.

The representative of OEM of machine says that we need TIA V13 to go online with PLC.

Can TIA V15 also be used to open as we recently purchased that software?

For webserver, let me ask to OEM.

No you need exactly the same version as the program was made with.
You can install V13 in parallel with V15.

The license for V15 also releases V13.

RVaughan may be right that the problem may be with the power module -1A4 that also shows the SF light.