S7-300 Rungs and Network in TIA Portal

IdealDan

Hi Guys,

I just observed an error in inserting more than one LAD Rung in a Network; TIA Portal V17 and V13, and CPU is S7-314C-2PN/DP.
1. Is it NOT possible to insert more than one Rung in it's network?

2. Secondly, I scaled a Level analog input with the SCALE block available for S7-300 CPU in TIA Portal, unfortunately, sensor reading was not seen on the Block. L_LM =0 H_LM = 9 IN = Tag with 'IW258', OUT= Tag with 'MD4'; Sensor range is 0-9 Litres.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated please.

Regards

Most IDE's will not let you put more than one ladder in a rung or segment as some call it.
the only way is to use an always on bit (TRUE) bit as shown in pic
First line will show error, second shows how to do it.
Sorry, cannot show you in TIA as I don't have it on this PC.

Multiple.png

Most IDE's will not let you put more than one ladder in a rung or segment as some call it.
the only way is to use an always on bit (TRUE) bit as shown in pic
First line will show error, second shows how to do it.
Sorry, cannot show you in TIA as I don't have it on this PC.

Thanks for the response Bro.

Unfortunately, Always 'TRUE' bit seems not available for this CPU in TIA Portal

As per previous posters - you can setup a local always true in each of your blocks, or use a global always true flag

mrung.jpg

FYI, in the screenshot I posted, this was done in GXworks (Mitsubishi) the top segment will compile & work although it will produce a warning but is valid in that IDE whereas, on many IDE's it will not compile.

FYI, in the screenshot I posted, this was done in GXworks (Mitsubishi) the top segment will compile & work although it will produce a warning but is valid in that IDE whereas, on many IDE's it will not compile.

It worked!

the Tag and the address turned to RED Colour when I used %IW256:p and also %PIW256.

In the bottom on the info tab, does it list anything under General or Syntax that seems relevant? If not, try to compile. What compile errors does it provide?

In the bottom on the info tab, does it list anything under General or Syntax that seems relevant? If not, try to compile. What compile errors does it provide?

It compiled. Only that the Address on the Tag Table is reddish unlike others.

Is that normal?

I have not worked on that CPU before now