Tia Portal v17 - S7-1200 - Compile error

marko18

Hello all,

I am working on a project using an s7-1200 and tia portal v17. The project is for stepper motor control for a SMD23E2 motor.

I am using a library of function blocks and tags provided on their website.

https://www.amci.com/plc-automation...es-integrated-stepper-motor-controller-drive/

I made a very basic program so far with home, relative move, and jog commands, but when I try to compile the program to upload, it tells me "Block ____ that is accessed has not been compiled." With no other info as to why.

The sample projects provided by AMCI seem to be created for an s7-1500, 1516-3 cpu, so is this a CPU compatibility issue? That is the only thing I can think of.

Screenshot of the error below.

Thank you

error.PNG

Right click on PLC_1 in the Project Tree on the left, then [Compile ...], then one of the [Software ...] options: one of "only changes" or "rebuild all" or "rebuild all blocks" should work.

You were asking it to compile only that OB1 block, but the compiler does not yet know about the data blocks (AMCI_...) used by OB1.

Right click on PLC_1 in the Project Tree on the left, then [Compile ...], then one of the [Software ...] options: one of "only changes" or "rebuild all" or "rebuild all blocks" should work.

You were asking it to compile only that OB1 block, but the compiler does not yet know about the data blocks (AMCI_...) used by OB1.

Done in one.

The compile button on the toolbar is context sensitive. That is, it will compile only what you gave highlighted (or the last active object). If you were in the Working Area last, it will compile what is in the working Area. In your screenshot you have Main [OB1] highlighted in the Project Tree, so as drbitboy said it was compiling only that block. (See the wording of your compile results.)

Last edited:
Another reason you could get this error, is if your DB has errors in it. I left a "STRUCT" blank, to come back to later to fill in...when I tried to Compile -> Software (rebuild all), I got this error.
At least it points you right to the problem block (The broken DB). 🍻