AB CCW Dev Edition

Jyonny

Hello everybody,
I write here because I am having some difficulties using CCW software.
I have read many posts here and I can say that I hate this software.

I am connected with a Micro 800 plc.
I just don't understand how I can make online edits.

I have installed Connected Component Workbench 9.1 version (standard Edition)

I read somewhere that it is possible to make online edits only using a CCW 9.1 dev. edition.
Is that true???
I don't find where to download CCW 9 Dev. edition.

In the Rockwell download center I can see CCW 9 DEV. edition, but I f I click over it, it only says that only manual is included.
So is it impossible to download the DEV edition?

I thank you in advance for your suggestion

Ok,
thank you for your reply, I thought it was free.

I think this is my first and last Micro 800 I use.

With standard edition of CCW is not possible to make online edits?

If you are doing a simple program that requires an edit or three in the field, not so bad. If you are depending on a trial and error version of commissioning your equipment, then the not having online downloads will really peeve you off. I suggest for the extra couple hundred bucks you get the developer edition. Especially if your going to need this software more than once. Trust me, Its worth your sanity.
Micro is pretty cool for the price, just remember how much you paid for it compared to what it CAN do.
It took me a while to get over missing my CLX when I started with Micro to but after a while its not so bad.
One REALLY important thing that helped me and that I would have never thought of, keep your project file on the local hard drive, not a network drive. The software hates not seeing the file on a local hard drive.

Have fun!

Hello, something has caught my attention in your message.. i encountered a problem with the CCW v9 Dev Ed. and micro850 plc's, i make some online edits, and validate then accept modifications, the software wait for 2 minutes for example then the CPU goes to fault mode and i have a message "modifications can not be achieve..or something like this!" i must power on the cpu then connect again to finish the process... i work via ethernet through a network and not locally. do you think this can be a reason for this behavior ??? thanks

Once again, rules for Micro!!
Files on PC, not network drive and just a personal preference that has brought me more joy than pain, being patched to the machine, it usually just works better.
I like walking through the plant and wirelessly programming everything, but when I go the machines with Micro's, always connect to an available switch port on the machine. (I always leave myself spare LAN switch ports in my cabinets and usually a patch cable lives there as well!)

Hello i encountered the following problem while making modifications in run mode with the CCW Dev Ed v9. i encountered this in the différents modes, ethernet through network, ethernet directly on the plc port or direct usb. after doing the test modifications process. the software make me wait approx 2 minutes then gives the message "can not finish with the modification" then the CPU goes to fault. i must power off/on to be able to finish the modication process. i have the problem with 5 or 6 plc's... is there anyone who experienced this ???