Mouse Scroll problems in RSLogix 500

ElectricFreak

Anyone else have scroll problems in RSLogix 500?

Sometimes when I try to scroll down it actually goes up.
Or it does a lot of jumping, and goes nowhere.

Scrolling up always works fine.

I have had this problem with RSLogix in XP and Windows 7.

My mouse is a Logitech MX Revolution, but I have had this same problem with other mice.

I once called Rockwell support about this, 2 years ago and they basicly told me it was not their problem.

RSLogix 500 is the only software I have that does this.

Yes, I have the latest mouse drivers.

Just curious if anyone else has this problem, and if anyone knows what causes it.
:sick:

A/B had a tech note about this a long time ago. I believe the problem was the windows driver being used was not ideal for the actual mouse in use, although it still works for most other applications.

Search the rockwell knowledgebase for mouse wheel scroll...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I had this problem with one of the laptops I use (Panasonic CF-48), however the other one (Panasonic CF-51) always worked fine.

I just fixed it by following this suggestion from AB:

"Some users have found that changing the Mouse "Properties/Wheel" settings remedied the "scroll-up" only issue. Try increasing the "Scrolling/Roll" wheel one notch (i.e. from "1" to "2"). This resulted in the wheel scrolling to function correctly in both directions.

What was weird I only had that problem in the Ladder View window.

Thanks,
Tom

[/FONT]

I've come to this forum for answers many times in the past. Finally registered to share here.

I have a Dell Precision 7730 laptop on Windows 10 that I run VMs and native RSLogix 500 Pro. I have had similar issues trying to use the 2-finger gesture to scroll up/down in the ladder editor.

I found that if you have the Dell Touchpad app installed, it can default to the Windows "Precision" settings by default (see attached images).

Setting to the Dell Precsion driver fixed the broken scrolling behavior for me.

2021-07-05_11-12-54.png 2021-07-05_11-13-55.png

I have it do that once in a while. I found that when you scroll down it actually scrolls UP. When it gets to the top it can't go any higher.

However - with RSL500 on 4 desktops & 5 laptops I only have ONE this happens on, Windows 10 x64 desktop with 32G RAM & two Nvidia graphics cards (which just happens to be my main computer)

The only solution I found was to close RSL500 & reopen it.

EDIT: I have all my mouse scrolling set to 3 lines on all computers, not 1

I finally found out it's not the scrolling count setting.
In the Logitech Setpoint program there is a checkbox for Smooth Scrolling.

If that is checked RSLogix gets confused.

Had this happen on a second PC and finally discovered this.