On the lookout for a small light fixture or spot. Must be small !

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

I have a smallish machine on which I want to add internal lighting.
My problem is that the available space where I want the lighting is really minimal. I can find some vendors of industrial lights such as Banner WLS28-2XW145DX
https://www.bannerengineering.com/be/en/products/part.87954.html
These are unfortunately a bit too large. Rather than one LED-bar, I would prefer several smaller LED spots.
I can find plenty of LED light spots, but none that are industrially suited.
Should be IP40 and for 24V, preferably connects by a connector or has an integrated cable. Not single wires and not a naked PCB that requires a soldering iron !
I am looking for something that is approx 30 x 30 x 20 mm in size, and with 100 lm - 200 lm per light spot. To be held in place either by magnets or by mounting screws flush to a surface.

Any ideas ?

Thanks, but 7" (~180 mm) is way too much. The banner strip light bar is also 180 mm and mounts flush with a surface.
Does not need to be directionally adjustable.
I need something like 30x30x20 mm, or smaller.

You want something that is readily available as camera/vision system ilumination, for example:

https://www.ccs-grp.com/products/model/274

The price will sadly be a lot higher than what is expected..

Smallest ones measure W 29 mm x D 39 mm x H 15 mm, powered by 24V, and comes with a cable and a connector in the end.

Last edited:
To all, I just realised that 'spotlight' may not be the correct term. More like a 'downlight' but as an all-in-one unit, not as a unit with an open rear side.

@tdoa, that is very intersting. I shall take a closer look.
edit: You wrote that it will be expensive. Can you state an approximate price ? If you want you can PM me.

@Snyd1, that one looks quite good. It even comes with the small bracket, so it could be turned and maybe bent to suit where the light has to go.

Last edited:
Just a feedback on how it goes.
I have made a sketch showing what the task is.
It is small machine where the inside can be observed from the outside through a glass door. The green area is what must be illuminated. The vertical bars are supports in the sides.

I thought I wanted small lamps like the ones at A or B, in the end I have decided to go for a lamp that fits on the inside of the vertical supports at at C. This is the least intrusive and the light is towards the inside away from the eye.

The lamp:
https://www.ipf-electronic.de/en/on...uchten?cHash=b1ad8e70ba5e47356c9ab03d18f98833

Thanks for the suggestions .. ! :)

lighting.png

LED Lighting strip? I actually managed to repair a 20~ year old HMI repaired with a roll of DIY lighting strip for £30 because I was struggling to find a supplier for the tiny tiny fluorescent tubes specified.

Last edited: