Resetting Safety Password S7-317F-2

hugh03

Hello,

I am curious if there is a way to reset a safety password on the CPU mentioned in the title.

The previous tech that retired(I took his spot), changed the passwords on multiple CPUs and forgot what he has changed them to.

Is there a way to detect the current password? If not, what is the best way to reset the current passwords?

He got you in a big bind

So the cpu has a password and the program has a password

Can you open the offline program?

I do have access to the offline program and online program, I have the basic password.

We are needing to add a safe device to the machine, and are unable to do so without the Saftey Password.

JRW,

I believe I read your post incorrectly...

I am not able to modify anything Safety-wise in the Offline or the Online project.

Sorry for the confusion, hope this helps clarify.

But can you access the safety program at all ? I.e. read the code ?

If so, you can create a new project with the same hardware, and then meticulously recreate the safety code in the new program. Not impossible if it is not too complex.
The normal PLC code you can simply copy from one program to the other.
You can then load the new program to a new flashcard an install it in the PLC.
The old flash card can be erased in a USB prommer and reused.

I dont have experience with safety on the S7-300, only with S7-1500.
Maybe you have to redo the generation of codes for the safety IO and the loading and testing of these codes.

Jesper
He will need a prommer to delete the mmc (to start over)

If my memory is correct
Because he doesn’t have the password

If you have access to another plc but of a different model number, e.g. S7-315 then the memory card can be reset by inserting it in the 315 and performing a memory reset. I don't have a prommer so this is the method I use to reset memory cards.