VFD Recommendations

Siemens drives are good, especially when used with TIA Portal.

Getting them at the moment, however, is somewhat of a challenge.

The first experienced I had with Altivar drives was very bad so I am biased against them. A company I worked for had about 40 of them MCC mounted (I forget the model) and we kept TEN spare keypads in the parts room for the occasion when we needed to troubleshoot them. Half the LCDs would be dead.

That would have been the ATV61. Schneider definitely had some hassles with those. We were given free replacements when they failed. Was easy enough to swap from one drive to another though.

have a look at control techniques. Had to start using them due to stock issues with major brands. After getting over the menus using the face I find them very decent for their pricing

Similar Topics

We are currently in love w/ the Toshiba vfd brand sans their software. But, the OEM wants a bkp. Specs: modbus w/ built in rj-45 port ability to...
Replies
Views
Requirements: 1. Must be able to output DC at rest to keep condensation off the windings. Also, the dcb is used to prevent movement during high...
Replies
Views
**Not vfd cable. I'm looking for Multiconductor cable. I typed the wrong title.*** Hey guys, looking for a manufacture & vendor of a "cheap"...
Replies
Views
I am curious what your take is on sizing VFD's for variable torque applications. In the past I have sized for ND amp ratings paired with the motor...
Replies
Views
Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom