You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 15th, 2022, 12:51 PM   #1
thewalkerist
Turkey

Tia Portal How to retain values that are moved

Hello everyone,

I am currently having a problem retaining values that i changed. Lets say today i ran my programme and i put my max motor speed to 100. Now this is good. As long as PLC doesnt close, this 100 value stays with me. But if i close the plc and open it again now that 100 became 0 again. And not only that everything resets which is not bizarre to be honest.

As you can see this is a problem though. Because lets say in the future i have more variables that needs to be retained(i will probably need to if i continue with my project ). I will need to re-write my values everytime. Now i am looking for a way to save that 100 motor speed value so that after my plc closes and re-opens i dont have to change it again.

I thought of just changing my Max_Speed global memory bit with just 100 and move it immediately after the plc starts but if i do i have to change that value from the tia portal when i need to which is not ideal. Now i need to save that value but also be able to change it.

So lets say i use it for a month with 100=Max_Speed but after that month i want it to be 75. And after i change it it will always open as 75 whenever i open the plc instead of the usual 0
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot (827).png (24.4 KB, 45 views)
Old January 15th, 2022, 01:04 PM   #2
moggie
Lifetime Supporting Member
England

Either you can use a data block instead of marker memory... Or use marker memory but it should be within the retentive range which is being defined in the CPU configuration...
Old January 15th, 2022, 01:18 PM   #3
thewalkerist
Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggie View Post
Either you can use a data block instead of marker memory... Or use marker memory but it should be within the retentive range which is being defined in the CPU configuration...

how can i define the retentive range and where?

And what do you mean by Data block? like normal data block? How can that work out?
Old January 15th, 2022, 02:08 PM   #4
thewalkerist
Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalkerist View Post
And what do you mean by Data block? like normal data block? How can that work out?
i get it there is a option to make it retentive
Old January 15th, 2022, 02:13 PM   #5
Rob...
United Kingdom

Create a DB to store the value, an set the tags you want to be "remembered" to retentative.
Old January 15th, 2022, 03:45 PM   #6
L D[AR2,P#0.0]
United Kingdom

It depends on the CPU - which type are you using?
Old January 16th, 2022, 02:15 PM   #7
thewalkerist
Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob... View Post
Create a DB to store the value, an set the tags you want to be "remembered" to retentative.
That worked out nicely sir. I would like to thank you for your help
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum