OT: Just when you thought you seen it all

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this picture. Co-worker had this sent to him by a friend who was quite proud of his wiring job.

Good Wiring.jpg

I'd have used a lug terminal, smeared some RTV to keep corrosion at bay and wrapped some electrican tape over it!

I'm pretty sure in the redneck code book this is acceptable... but can they even read it in the first place? oh well keeps me employed. lol

I'm pretty sure in the redneck code book this is acceptable... but can they even read it in the first place? oh well keeps me employed. lol

I am petty sure that is not a "Redneck" installation....maybe "Hillbilly".

Darn stupid though, I have seen a lot of crazy $hit, but that is the first time I have ever seen this this particular scenario.

Sticking the #12 conductor under the lug with the feeder conductor would have been enough to make you say "Who the HE!! did this"..... but running a framing screw through the feeder conductor....Come on, "Who the HE!! does that????

See if your friend can get a picture of this guy, I am very curious to see just what this brain child looks like.

BCS

This is what comes to mind:

Bubba.png

It is UL approved, see the sticker.
i am wondering however if it is allowed to have a red cable connected to a black one without label. and how about this dirty white one, it does not color with the black ones my wife would say.

Whenever I have ever seen anything like this done it has been with nails and the wire wrapped around the nails! Quite common in domestic situations to reduce ones electricity bill! I must admit though generally the nail has been wrapped with insulation tape LOL.