TIA Portal V12

FireBeard

I'm setting up a project with a 315-2DP CPU and KTP600 Basic Color PN. I have a 343-1 Profinet card in slot 4 for comms.

I have lots of Siemens software at my desposal but i'm a little confused which to use. I have created myself a nice fresh Win7Pro VMWare machine and ive installed TIA Portal V12. I've never used it before but thought i may aswell use the newest tool possible.

Its been great setting up the controller and i can even write the code in TIA Portal. I have manged to download to the CPU and all is good. The issue comes with the HMI.

I cant find my KTP600 Basic Color in the add device section on the portal overview. It only offers me PC devices. I thought no problem i have the latest WinCC Flexible 2008 SP3 which i have installed and again great stuff i can create all the screens.

The tricky bit comes when trying to connect the two devices. WinCC Flex does not give me the option in intergrate into Step& like it used to.

Any ideas, should i dump the TIA portal and go Back to S7 V5.4

You would need WinCC V12 to go along with Step 7 V12. I thought WinCC Basic was supposed to be included with Step 7 though, which is what you would use for a Basic Panel. Is it possible that it got unselected when you were installing? Take a look at help -> installed software to see what you have.