Micrologix to Net-ENI to Ethernet Printer?

jonfarrugia

I have a 1761-Net-ENI in stock and I was wondering if it is possible to connect a 1761-Net-Eni to a micrologix serial port and an ethernet printer to the Net-Eni and send ascii commands from the micrologix PLC to the ethernet printer.

ASCII Commands are designed for serial communications and therefore will not work with Ethernet. If the Printer you have supports Ethernet communication than i suggest you use Ethernet messaging..

Note: Micrologix 1500 does not have Ethernet port so you have to configure the Net-ENI first, which could be tricky.

Also, check with your printer manufacturer they might offer sample code for PLC to Printer communication.

what I am looking to do is send serial commands out of the serial port of a MicroLogix into the net Eni and then to an Ethernet printer I know real time automation makes a module that does this but I have the net en in-stock and I'd like to use it if I can

what I am looking to do is send serial commands out of the serial port of a MicroLogix into the net Eni and then to an Ethernet printer I know real time automation makes a module that does this but I have the net en in-stock and I'd like to use it if I can

I fully understood what you want to do from your OP but the NET-ENI does not work that way and will not acomplish that for you.

You will need to find another solution. The RTA module is going to be the best route.