RS View Indirect Addressing

TrillBill

I'm working with a Panel View 1500, which offers K1-10 on the left and K11-20 on the right. F1-20 on the bottom... No touch screen capability.

Because of this limitation, I need to offer ability to change data in 8 positions amongst 26 storage lines without the use of 9000 pages. In the PLC itself, I use indirect addressing i.e. {[CL]db_Cooling_Line[HMI_Line_Edit_Line_Num].Board_Position[1]}

My F-Keys along the bottom are used to select the value of HMI_Line_Edit_Line_Num and I wanted to use K1-8 along the left to write/edit the value of the above mentioned tag .Board_Position[1] for K1, .Board_Position[2] for K2, etc.

In the past, we have used parameter files to populate one edit screen with several products data, depending upon clicking the product on screen. The difference here is that you can't click on the board position. You must press a K button.

Can I not indirectly address a User Defined Data Type in RS View? If not, does anyone know of a short way to fix this?

-Thanks

From my dealings with RSView, you cannot put indirect addressing in a tag connection / formula. The way I've dealt with it is to create separate data addresses that map to the indirect address in the PLC. I've also created generic input and output addresses (both digital and analog) in the PLC for the PV to write to.

You could make tags for buttons K1-8 in the PLC and write some code to write or edit the corresponding value.